SongBase now offers monthly live updates for new song charts and mp3 samples. With this service you can download our new charts and mp3 samples with a few clicks. In addition, you can also download and save a special XML file for transfer to a remote computer that is not on the Net.
REQUIREMENTS: Version 3.16 of SongBase and a one year subscription to our LIFE SAVER SUPPORT plan.
SETUP: before you attempt LIVE UPDATES you'll need to open SongBase SETUP and make sure your password is entered. This password must agree with the password set at our internet database at the time of sale. Since you could have changed that initial "songbase" password you must make sure it matches the one in the SETUP. In most cases you'll just use the word "songbase" as the DOWNLOADS PASSWORD.
SETUP DOWNLOADS PASSWORD IN SONGBASE
ACCESSING THE LIVE UPDATES See a Movie
1. Open the SONGS ENTRY screen
2. Click LIVE UPDATES in upper right corner. Determine if you want to ALLOW overwrites or not and indicate if you want to include the MP3 samples. We leave the overwirtes option OFF because all of the newly downloaded songs would not be on your system to start with. New users will find the download time takes longer the first time through.
3. Click GO
4. Click SUBMIT
5. Click on one of the MENU ITEMS from the following list
6. This opens a pop-up page for the album
7. Click the ALBUM picture
8. Connecting to Server message will appear (if not - you could have a firewall)
9. After the process is completed a listing of imported songs will appear. If you have previously imported this album a message will tell you there were no songs to import.
10. As this complete process forces you out of the web form you must start again in order to access the next album.
Just click LIVE UPDATES and click GO (Step 3 above).