The support staff at SongBase assume you have a backup of your data file. The file is called SBDAT01.MDB and resides in the SB2000 folder. Often, the best way to solve a problem is to uninstall and remove SongBase and reinstall the latest version then import your original data. We also assume you have your Product ID and original Activation Code.
Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher is required for SongBase Download Internet Explorer
-Open Explorer and go to HELP >> ABOUT to see your version. If you don't have IE 5.5 or higher SongBase won't work. Get IE 6.1 from Microsoft. You'll need broadband internet to download this large file.
Windows Media Player 9 You'll need this if you are planning to use SongBase Version 3.14 or higher. SongBase uses Media Player to run all the media files in the Video PresenteR. Download MP9
CHANGING COMPUTERS - Get a new Activation Code
SONGBASE JUST STOPPED WORKING - Optimize it
VIDEOPRESENTER WON'T OPEN - Install IE 6.1 from Microsoft
PRINT PREVIEW APPEARS BLANK
THE JET VBA FILE FAILED TO INITIALIZE - Bad versions of 2 files
INSTALLATION FAILS / SYSTEM HALTS
The security built into SongBase prevents you from transferring the software to a different computer. There are occasions when this must be done. The procedure is somewhat simple:
1. Create a backup of your data file on the old computer. The file is called SBDAT01.MDB and resides in the C:\SB2000 folder. Copy/burn this file to a CDROM or ZIP disk. If you don't have a backup then just continue with the next step.
2. Install SongBase on the new computer. You can use your CD or get the newest version at www.songbase.com/upgrade and download the full version.
3. Once SongBase is installed and loaded you will need to obtain a new Activation Code from DASAN RESEARCH. This can be done by emailing your PRODUCT ID that came with the software (a 10 digit number like 2453233447)
You need to provide that number along with the COMPUTER CODE from your computer. This CODE is a green number located by clicking the large PURCHASE/REGISTER button on the starting screen of SongBase.
4. Obtain the 10 digit ACTIVATION CODE from DASAN (email email@example.com or phone
1-800-717-7833) and enter the number into the RED FIELD in the popup registration form in SongBase. Next, Enter your PRODUCT ID # in the BLUE FIELD next to the red field. These numbers can also be entered in the SETUP screen. For more information see www.songbase.com/help
SongBase was working fine but when I open it now it won't let me into SONGS or VIDEO.
Solution: SongBase is a Database which requires some sort of regular maintenance. We call this OPTIMIZING the data file. There are 2 methods:
1. In SETUP click he DATA PATHS tab and locate the button that says OPTIMIZE and click it. This should solve the the problem. If it doesn't then you may have to reinstall SongBase. Your data file could be corrupted beyond repair (virus?)
2. From the START menu in Windows click PROGRAM FILES > SONGBASE 2003 > SBCLEANUP. This utility will optimize both the program and the data and makes a backup of the data file in the C:\SB2000\BACKUP folder.
| VIDEOPRESENTER WON'T OPEN
When this happens you usually get a strange error number like
"Reserved error -1517;" This means Internet Explorer 5.5 or better needs to be installed.
Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher is required for SongBase
-Open Explorer and go to HELP >> ABOUT to see your version. If you don't have IE 5.5 or higher SongBase won't work. Get IE 6.1 from Microsoft. You'll need broadband internet to download this large file. Download IE .
| PRINT PREVIEW APPEARS BLANK
No Printer Installed
This can occur if you have no printer installed on a new computer.
MDAC Files out of date
It also occurs when certain essential Microsoft files are either missing or are the wrong versions. You can download a library from Microsoft that fixes this problem. The file is called MDAC 2.8 and is compatible with all versions of Windows. Download MDAC.
If this does not solve the problem then you will have to open REPORT SETTINGS in SongBase and click on each TAB and change the fonts from LUCIDA CONSOLE and MONACO BOLD to COURIER NEW.
| THE JET VBA FILE FAILED TO INITIALIZE
This error appears when 2 critical Windows system files are the wrong versions:
The Jet VBA file VBAJET.DLL for 16-bit versions, or VBAJET32.DLL for
32- bit versions failed to initialize when called.
These 2 files must be replaced with version 184.108.40.20603 or higher:
Solution: Install the MDAC 2.8 library. Download MDAC.
| INSTALLATION DOES NOT COMPLETE / SYSTEM HALTS
INSTALLED FROM CDROM
There could be a flaw in the CDROM disk. This is highly unlikely however. Check for scratches. Also, if your CD has been left out in bright light for a long time this can affect the media.
In most cases (and there have only been 2 or 3 in seven years) we have found that your CDROM drive is an older model and simply can´t read a "burned" disk.
Solution: Try copying the file "SETUP.EXE" from the CD to your desktop and execute the file or Download and activate the demo.
INSTALLED FROM A DOWNLOAD
It is probable that the downloaded file was corrupted during the download process. Very likely on a telephone line.
Solution: Download the full program from our web site.